Third Age Learning at Kwantlen (TALK)
Life-long Learning - TALK provides those 50 and over
with creative and stimulating educational activities.
What makes TALK different?
TALK is a participatory learning experience with no quizzes, grades or prerequisites. The learning process is lively, full of discussion, controversy, humour, insight and wisdom. In addition to participating in courses, you can become a course facilitator, plan curriculum, identify speakers, prepare newsletters, recruit new members, help organize special events or promote TALK.
TALK membership is open to anyone 50 years or older. The annual membership fee for 2012-2013 is $10. Membership is valid from September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013.
Benefits of Membership
- Participation in TALK courses which are offered at low fees that just cover administration costs
- Lower cost for TALK members are all open events
- Receipt of informative newsletter four times a year
- Opportunity for companionship, mental stimulation and fun!
Are you a member of CARP or do you want to be?
CARP members in Kwantlen's catchment area (Richmond, Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Cloverdale and Langley) are entitled to a free TALK membership. Fill in your CARP membership number and expiry date on the registration form.
This is a reciprocal agreement, so TALK members also receive a $10 discount if they join CARP. Click here to find our how you can save $10 off the regular price to join CARP, including Zoomer magazine. For more information about CARP: A New Vision of Aging for Canada, go to www.carp.ca.
There are three ways to register for CARP membership with Group Discount for TALK members:
- By phone: Call 1-800-363-9736 and quote "GDTALK" to get your reduced rate.
- By mail: Complete CARP Membership Application form by clicking here - go to page 2 of document.
- Online: Go to: http://www.carp.ca/groupdiscount. Click on "Join CARP Now". Select "Kwantlen Polytechnic University's TALK " from the drop down menu to receive the Group Discount.
TALK Greatly Appreciates
- Our member volunteers who create and facilitate programs, contact speakers, distribute brochures, organize special events, create the newsletter and help promote TALK!
- The assistance in course registration, room bookings, brochure and newsletter production, marketing and other activities provided by Kwantlen’s Faculty of Academic and Career Advancement.
- Our presenters who volunteer their time and expertise to provide us with life long learning!
Coming to a TALK event at Richmond Campus traveling on the Canada Line?
Get off at Lansdowne Station; it's less than a 10 minute walk to the Campus!
Click here for a Translink map.
Learning with a Difference!
The annual membership fee is $10. Membership year runs from September 1 to August 31.
The cost of courses, events and Philosophers' Cafés varies.
Please visit the other areas of our web site for full details.
Click here to view TALK's Spring 2013 Brochure in PDF Format