Office of Emergency Planning
ReadyCampus is the trademarked (2010) name of Kwantlen Polytechnic University's Emergency Management Program (based on NFPA 1600) administered by the Office of Emergency Planning.
The Office of Emergency Planning at Kwantlen Polytechnic University is responsible to ensure that emergency planning is:
- rooted on evidence-based best practices,
- compliant with legal and other regulatory requirements,
- comprehensive, collaborative, coordinated, and continuous,
- consistent from one Kwantlen Polytechnic campus to another,
- integrated with external emergency planning efforts, particularly those of the municipal jurisdictions within which its campuses are found, and
- interlinked with information sharing forums such as the Regional Emergency Planning Committee (Lower Mainland), as well as the BC Post-Secondary Emergency Planners Group.
In order achieve a raised level of awareness and a higher state of campus readiness to credible and probable disasters and emergencies, Emergency Planning includes activities such as: communication and marketing; education and training; and development, implementation, testing, and evaluation of plans, and procedures. Success is ultimately dependent on institution-wide involvement.
The Office of Emergency Planning welcomes your Feedback
Ready For Anything?
College campuses without an all-hazards approach to emergency preparedness may be at risk, a new report finds. Plus: Best practices from schools that are doing it right.
By Fred Durso, Jr | NFPA Journal ® | September/October 2010 | Full Article
Our Program is proudly built on NFPA 1600