Leadership and Employment Opportunities
CURRENT OPENINGS (as at November 30, 2012)
- Student Assistant - Athletics [Applications Ongoing]
- Student Assistant - Recreation [Extended to Monday May 20, 2013]
- Group Fitness Instructor [Applications Ongoing]
- Game Day Event Staff [Applications Ongoing]
- Mascot Performer [Applications Ongoing]
Student Assistant - Athletics
Join the Kwantlen Eagles!
Do you have experience playing team or individual sports, or being a recreational athlete? Do you want to be involved with your University’s Varsity programs? Apply for a part-time student-assistant position with the Athletics and Recreation Department!
We are currently accepting applications for current Kwantlen students to work part-time at the Athletics and Recreation front desk in the Cedar Building on the Surrey Campus. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: supervision and maintenance of the Fitness Centre and Gymnasium, set up and taking down of sports equipment, and Membership and Recreation Program services.
Student Assistants shifts are weekdays from 11:30am - 3:30pm and 3:30pm-7:15pm, as well as some weekend day shifts will be available. We are looking for people who are sports and fitness-minded, who are outgoing, and who enjoy working with people. Strong attention to customer service is also an asset. Previous experience in fitness or sports teams is preferable but not a requirement. Student assistants are paid hourly on a bi-weekly basis.
If you’re a current KPU student who would like to be involved in a fast-paced, fun, upbeat environment, then this is the position for you!
Please send your resume along with cover letter to email@example.com before August 28, 2013.
Student Assistant - Recreation
Under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator, the Student Assistant will assist with the promotion and implementation of KPU Recreation activities at the Surrey Campus and other campuses as required. Hours of work are generally 4 hours per week.
1. Assists with the creation of Kwantlen Recreation marketing materials
2. Distributes Kwantlen marketing materials to the Kwantlen community
3. Liaises with the Athletics and Recreation staff on a weekly basis
4. Assists with the registration and facilitation of KPU Rec tournaments and events
5. Staffs weekly recreation information booths to promote recreation activities
6. Assist with conducting class presentations about recreation activities
1. Values recreation and active living
2. Excellent people skills
3. Enthusiastic and team oriented
4. Creative and outgoing
5. Basic computer skills
6. Basic understanding of social media
7. Standard first aid is an asset
If you’re a current KPU student who would like to be involved in a fun, fast-paced, upbeat environment, then this is the position for you!
Please send your resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2013.
Group Fitness Instructor
Kwantlen Recreation is currently looking for fun, upbeat group fitness instructors to teach group fitness classes at our Surrey and Langley campuses. If you are an enthusiastic, high energy individual that has a desire to help others then we are looking for you!
- Current or working towards a recognized certification (BCRPA, CSEP)
- Experience in a variety of disciplines would be an asset
- Kwantlen Student or Alumni an asset
Positions are contract based and wages will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Hours are flexible and work with you to ensure a balanced work/life schedule. All interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com.
Game Day Event Staff
Cybersports Basketball Statistician
Period: October 2012 – February, 2013
The Department of Athletics has two (2) openings for the positions of basketball statisticians.
As part of our participation in the PACWEST, we are mandated to provide computer generated statistics at all of our home basketball games. The software used, Cybersports, is a U.S. designed program that enables event managers to provide a complex array of statistics at half time and at the end of each game.
We are looking for two (2) motivated Kwantlen students who have a strong knowledge and understanding of FIBA basketball rules, strong computer skills and are willing to work as a member our basketball event management team. The successful incumbents will work together as a team to provide computer generated statistics in the positions of Computer programmer and Caller.
Please forward your resume along with current contact information c/o Codie Hindle, Athletics Events and Facilities Supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org
No qualifications or experience necessary.
Mascot Performer - Kwantlen Polytechnic University
The Department of Athletics and Recreation at Kwantlen Polytechnic University is searching for an enthusiastic, organized, outgoing and motivated individual to provide quality fun and entertainment as the varsity mascot. This is a part-time, seasonal position. The successful candidate will work along-side the Athletic Facilities and Event Supervisor to assist in the implementation of various mascot appearances on Kwantlen campuses.
- Some acting experience or acting education or background in performing, such as a mascot, acrobat, gymnast, or dancer.
- Ability to express common social expressions and client needs or wants relating to the mascot.
- A good work ethic, problem solving abilities and the ability to motivate others.
- Previous work experience dealing with the public.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of public relations goals and practice is an asset